Friday, August 8, 2008

MY SANKOFA (African Americans in Ghana)

Dear Sir/Madam:

65 years ago I decided that the Art's, would be the essence of my life and livelihood then came a 2 week vacation to Ghana West Africa, which lasted 11 years (1965 to 1976) and the rest is history; all praises to my Creator and the spirits of my ancestors.
It was like being born again.

Check it माय माय SANKOFA

I returned to Ghana for it's 50th Anniversity (Birthday) 31 years later,, Man! What a change.

A few sample below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8126170@N02/
Once on website, click on Sets, to view different categories.

First and foremost was the fear of leaving my comfort zone, such as the one we have here in these United States of America. So saying I offer thanks to a dear friend and former Art-Teacher, Baba, August Nalls. And the spirits of my ancestors. which enabled me not only to be an artist, But to live and earn a livelihood at such.

All praises to the Creator.

No comments: